Vargas says "poor student behavior is an indication that students’ needs are not being met. "
Why aren't students accountable for their own behavior? What entitles them to blame others for neglecting their "needs," when they're disruptive to the education of others? In the rest of the world, school is a PRIVILEGE. These students treat school with contempt and disrespect, and then we have to listen to administrators stand around making excuses for them.
As long as the district colludes with the students and parents who want to blame their own destructive behavior on someone or something else, nothing will change.
Why does everyone seem so touchy about the idea that the police chief might have resigned because Lovely is going to be the new mayor...or the idea that Lovely may have replaced him if he did not resign?
i think liz has already came around as she was singing a diff tune a while back
I think this is more about her ambition
very sad, nothing is worth risking losing your family
"It’s extremely important for the health of the nation to push politicians, including Democrats, to fix the ACA"
I'd say it's the Democrats' mess; let them clean it up if they can. But hasn't Obama been tweaking and 'fixing' the law all along without involving Congress - Democrats or Republicans? Why does he need Congress? There isn't enough lipstick in the free world to make this pig attractive. Better to start over.
What a joke - absolute chaos. This is what liberals do - create chaos with comprehensive unplanned plans. Then they spend the rest of eternity and the nation's resources "tweaking" their mindless schemes. The way to "fix" obamacare is to get rid of it and start over with a bi-partisan initiative that identifies the problems and addresses those one at a time.
I am not sure I agree with your take on this situation, Jeremy. Let me propose a more political and sinister view of this situation and a proposed different outcome. First, Wiesner was added to the indictment for political purposes...the re is no detail of an allegation against him. The AG office would not let him testify so they could add his name without the grand jury stopping them. If he appeared and was cleared, they could not do that. Then the perp walk was scheduled and the media notified the day before to embarrass Wiesner and his wife, Maggie Brooks.
Then after violating the law by the perp walk, but getting what they needed for television, the AG office agreed to drop the charges because they were so blatandly political it was working against them. And, if they put together another grand jury after this handling of the first...they would be obviously more political!
I hope that the attorneys for the defendents, the judge, and the media come down hard on Eric Schneiderman and all concerned for such and abuse of power and public trust! Remember, he origninally wanted this show the week before the election, when, coincidentally, he would be in town at a seminar, He should be forced from office for all of this!
The Democrats knew best what was good for the country when they unilaterally passed Obamacare. They knew what was in it before they passed it (even if they didn't read it). They own it lock, stock and barrel. Yet Obama has been continually re-defining and altering the law without bothering to involve Congress (how is this Constitutional?), exempting individuals and groups, delaying the business mandate but not the individual mandate, etc, etc. Now he flip flops to allow people to keep their coverage as he promised, shifting the blame to state insurance regulators and insurance companies themselves, as he attempts to provide political cover for Democrats in the voters' crosshairs. It won't work. This train wreck has to be stopped.
Look for story soon to break that Vacco's services are terminated by Monroe County. due to major scandal in Vacco's background. While he was US Attorney in Buffalo (1988-1993), Vacco refused to prosecute the NYAG's office for corruption.also involving the district court there ( despite having evidence that guaranteed convictions). Schneiderman knows all about the scandal and knows that Vacco can demand favors because of his prior protection of NYAG Abrams who was forced to resign his office in 1993 before the completion of his term, as was NYS Comptroller Ed Regan. email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom DiNaploi, state comptroller, has said that LDCs are ripe for fraud and abuse because they do not have to go through the same procurement process as the government. While we have to wait the review of all evidence by the courts to see if this investigation is politically motivated or a serious breech of the public trust, we do know that there is a history of favoritism with this county administration. Keeping property taxes level while adding to future pension costs may look better on paper than in reality.
A Republican spin that has brainwashed many. Just because the tax rate stays the same doesn't mean your property taxes are not going up. Maggie and her Republican friends need to stop talking about the tax rate and be honest about are taxes.
Let us all bow our heads for a moment of silence for the most cryptic piece of graffiti in the Rochester region, which once adorned this building:
"In 1999, the Euro was created..."
Yup, and Hilary Clinton is unfit for office because her husband was impeached. (he's also a liar and can't be trusted around other women)
And how exactly does Mayor-elect Warren intend to enact her education platform without pushing for mayoral control? Without any legal authority to enact education policy, her proposals are simply hot air (not that that's anything new). Time to start mobilizing the community against this assault on the public education system.
DEBUNKING FOOLISHNESS...................DEBUNKING FOOLISHNESS
- "White attributed the victories at least partially to what he calls a growing understanding among voters and the community at large that the district’s problems were there before the incumbents arrived. He says that rational minds know that they didn't create the district’s problems."
- RESPONSE: If there is a so-called "growing understanding" (based on the numbers of participants in the election) --- such an "understanding" can only, possibly exists among less than 10% of eligible voters --- since more than 90% either voted for someone other than incumbents, or did not participate at all (with of course a full 69% falling into the latter category).Thus, Commissioner White has no idea, and no means of determining what "the community at large" believes or "understands." Just because less than 10% who supported incumbents MIGHT "know that they didn't create the district’s problems" --- this does not mean that they are automatically more "rational" than the 90-plus% who apparently understand that although the incumbents did not "create the district's problems" --- over the past 8, 6, and 4 years (respectively) they have done nothing to improve the district's problems, which have clearly grown worse. In fact, it is easy to construct a legitimate argument that the former group is possibly less "rational," and just might be flirting with insanity, i.e., doing the same thing over, and over again, i.e., reelecting the same people over and over again, but expecting a different result.
- “They don’t blame us because they know we’re not responsible, but the majority do trust us with the responsibility of fixing the district,” White says."
- RESPONSE: As spelled out above, if we're judging by the full outcome regarding participation in the election, as opposed to fabricated, positive-spin, then the exact opposite of the latter quote is true, i.e., the overwhelming majority do not "trust [incumbents] with the responsibility of fixing the district,”
- "Her enchantment with charter schools could also encourage her to help begin the transference of charters’ most effective practices into city schools..."
- RESPONSE: WHAT??? WHAT??? Is Tim Macaluso, and City Newspaper
attempting to place a magic wand into Mayor-Elect Lovely Warren's hands? Based on the latter quote above, it sure sounds like it.
- A recent study by Mathematica Policy Research and the Center on Reinventing Public Education shows that charter management organizations cited three practices for their success: smaller schools, reduced classroom sizes, and strict behavioral conduct. Could Warren use the influence she says she has in Albany to support such reforms?"
- RESPONSE: With regard to urban education in particular, we didn't really need another "study" to inform us that "practices [such as] smaller schools, reduced classroom sizes, and strict behavioral conduct [are conducive to] success." We have known this for decades. However, we should think very carefully about Mr. Macaluso's question as to whether or not Ms. Warren "could use the influence she says she has in Albany to support such reforms?" The reason why we need to think carefully is because, in essence, what he is asking is --- can Ms. Warren (apparently, single-handedly) do something that the entire local, political establishment has been either unable, and/or unwilling to do, i.e., convince the Governor, and State Legislature to appropriate significantly more financial resources to the Rochester City School District, which would be absolutely essential --- in order to produce significant numbers of "smaller schools, and reduced classroom sizes?" I'm not saying that she can't, but my belief is that she would need a lot of help, and support in the process.
And "Birds of a feather, flock together". Sometimes they even marry & use power and influence to gain for themselves. That's called corruption, right? It's just more greed. We have it on a national, state & local level. And of course, Maggie won't recuse herself from the investigation!!!
Dennis is Maggie's cooking spray. He stands beside her and in front of her to make sure nothing penetrates Maggie's Teflon. Will something stick this time?
Maggie's husband would be a personal issue IF he had nothing to do with county government. Since he is connected to county government, he involvement is not personal.
Maggie's style continues to be reactionary. She will be credited for taking action as soon as something became public and no one will ask the tough question about why she isn't proactive and why she surrounds herself with less than upstanding people.
Let's see this clearly although it is so obvious it barely needs to stated: Maggie Brooks uses county tax dollars to hire highly partisan republican Dennis Vacco to deliver the almost singular message that Maggie Brooks did no wrong. And she expects that this will give us confidence? Can Vacco leave now so we can really get to the bottom of this mess? And sorry Maggie, but your husband is not just a personal issue, he is unfortunately a county and taxpayer issue as well, which could have been totally avoided if your family just kept their alleged hands out of the Monroe County cookie jar. That is your fault, Maggie Brooks.
I'm glad the top cops of NY came to Rochester to clean up this inside bid-rigging; it's systemic in the county's culture that if you get elected you can assist your family & friends achieve wealth that rightly belongs to tax payers!
hi - thanks for report, Our Nutrition Outreach & Education Program is housed at Legal Assistance of Western New York, Inc. or LAWNY.
His "intentions" are now irrelevant.
Website powered by Foundation